January 12, 2013

Buttery deliciousness

Tonight for dinner?  Biscuits!


Mmmm, don't they look delicious?  I've been wanting some good, flaky bread lately, and didn't want to wait for anything to rise.  Don't get me wrong - perfectly risen bread is delicious, especially the recipe we've been using lately.  But sometimes you just need little bite-size mounds of golden, buttery deliciousness in 20 minutes or less.  20 minutes!  I'm not even kidding, that's how long it took to make these biscuits.  The recipe is Never Fail Biscuits from Allrecipes.com.  

I'm used to making biscuits from a tube.  I've never really had anything to complain about them, except when I accidentally burn them.  But since we're doing the month of no pre-packaged foods, this time I had to make them from scratch.  And you know what?  It's so easy!  Easier than running to the grocery for a tube of biscuits!  And they tasted so much better.  I will be making these again.  

We also had Husband Soup for dinner, which is to say a soup made from whatever meat and vegetables we have lying around.  It always tastes different, which makes it exciting.  



So far, the month of no pre-packaged foods is going well!  There have been struggles and a few times of cheating when we're short on time (we went out for Mexican for lunch...), but it really has gone pretty well.  We noticed today that we use a LOT of butter, drink a LOT of milk, and eat a LOT of fruit!  Mmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment