February 17, 2013

Inspiration Sunday

Some days when I am surfing the internet, or watching a movie, or reading a book, or just walking outside, I find myself staring at something.  It may be something new, but just as often it is something I have seen before.  Maybe it isn't something "visible" at all, but instead it is a haunting song on the radio, or an incredible interview on the "Special Features" of my favorite movie.  In those moments, I feel my skin tingling.  It is as if something has awoken in my mind, and suddenly my mind is going a hundred miles a minute.  I want to write my feelings, stitch my imaginings, sing a new song.  I want to create.

These days, many people use Pinterest as a place to post such inspirational things.  I thought I'd take a few of those things, as well as others, and put them here.

from http://ag-at-large.areavoices.com/files/2012/03/050802-SUNFLOWER-mjp.jpg

I love sunflowers.  When I see them alongside the road, I can't help but smile.  Their heads are always facing the sun, something that never ceases to amaze me.

Personal Photo

When I was in college, I studied abroad for a semester at Harlaxton Manor, a 19th century manor house in Grantham, England.  The building inside and out, the grounds, the landscape, never cease to inspire me.

Personal Photo

The Aran Islands off the coast of Ireland are a bleak, stormy place.  But amid the rocks and the grey skies is a determined beauty.

http://throughjamseyes.blogspot.com/2011/10/ulyana-sergeenko.html

Every now and then I find myself looking at this outfit.  Inspired by the early 20th century in fashion, it is both historic and modern.  It is elegant and beautiful.

File:Coventry Cathedral Baptistry window.jpg
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/File:Coventry_Cathedral_Baptistry_window.jpg

During World War II, Coventry Cathedral in England was bombed by passing German planes.  The day after the cathedral was bombed, the congregants gathered inside its ruins and decided that they would rebuild.  A few decades later they completed the promise, and built a beautiful worship space next to the ruins of their former cathedral.  The new cathedral is filled with stained glass windows that reflect onto the floors throughout the building.

Be inspired today by the beauty of God's world!

No comments:

Post a Comment